Does your clinic see many expecting mothers? Traditionally, women have avoided seeking dental treatment during the first trimester of their pregnancy due to the risk of miscarriage. But today, that perception has changed. With raised awareness today, that suggests 18 in every 100 premature births may be triggered by periodontitis, special care has to be given to expecting mothers as more of them seek dental treatment.
With pregnancy causing oral health changes due to the elevated levels of estrogen and progesterone hormones, susceptibility to pregnancy gingivitis is high with an exaggerated reaction of the gums to even a small amount of plaque (Mariotti, 1999). As you know, if untreated, the condition might lead to pregnancy tumours, characterised by small raised areas on the gums. With studies establishing that severe gum infections can cause an increase in the production of chemicals such as prostaglandin and tumour necrosis factor, there is a known risk of causing induced labour which may result in premature or low weight babies (Nikolaos P Polyzos, 2010)
Raydent addresses the need for preventive home-care measures with by bringing you Yotuel Pharma B5 whitening toothpaste, an advanced whitening toothpaste safe for daily use. The revolutionary toothpaste is the only one available in Singapore containing provitamin B5 that heals gums and soft tissues, suitable for challenging conditions affecting oral mucosa (Risk Hospitalet, Oslo. The National Hospital Norway):
- Yotuel Pharma contains vitamin B5 or D-Panthenol, to regenerate and calm irritated soft tissues. This is very useful in aiding the treatment of mouth ulcers and for women with very fine gums.
- No detergent means no foaming so there is no damage to gums or other soft tissue.
- Fresh aniseed – mint flavor and Low abrasivity – 36 RDA, may help in maintaining good oral hygiene even during morning sickness.
- The active ingredients: Fluoride, Xylitol, Calcium and Phosphates gently clean and purify teeth and guard against the formation of caries.
- Yotuel Pharma contains Potassium to avoid sensitivity caused by gum retraction.
- The inclusion of the three key components- High structure silica, papaine enzyme (from the papaya fruit) and pyrophosphates– enables to safely and effectively whiten without HP or CP.
- Also, very effective for smokers who usually have a higher incidence of gum problems and staining.
Bring your expecting patients the best oral gum care there is for a happy and healthy motherhood. Yotuel Pharma B5 is now available for order. To find out more, call 67415411 or email email@example.com.